To celebrate the release of Animerama: 1001 Nights / Cleopatra on Limited Edition Blu-ray and DVD, one lucky reader of Japan Curiosity will be in with a chance of winning themselves a DVD copy of Animerama: 1001 Nights / Cleopatra, courtesy of Third Window Films. To be in with a chance of winning this awesome prize all you need to do is complete one of the entry conditions below, complete all of them for more chances to win!
Synopsis: Animerama (アニメラマ) is a series of thematically-related adult anime feature films originally conceived and initiated by Osamu Tezuka and made at his Mushi Production animation studio from the late 1960s to early 1970s, perhaps intended as animated counterparts to the then-emergent pink films (a direct connection being Shigemi Satoyoshi as the scenarist for Cleopatra).
As well as the erotic themes, they are also defined by mixing more typical traditional animation with sequences of UPA and Yōji Kuri–influenced experimental use of modern design, limited animation, and still paintings akin to Tezuka’s experimental short films and like those largely were all directed, sometimes sharing the billing with Tezuka, by Eiichi Yamamoto. The first, A Thousand & One Nights, was the first erotic animated feature film and, at 130 minutes, remains one of the longest ever animated films. The first two are also notable for having scores by famed composer and electronic rearranger Isao Tomita.
- A Thousand and One Nights (千夜一夜物語 Senya Ichiya Monogatari) (1969)
- Cleopatra (クレオパトラ Kureopatora) (1970)
Terms and Conditions:
1) The competition will close on Wednesday 27th June at 6:00 pm GMT, with the winner announced shortly thereafter.
2) The Prize has been provided by Third Window Films and cannot be swapped/exchanged.
3) The competition is open to residents of the UK only and must be at least 15 years of age.