Anime Limited hosted their first panel on Friday, with several great announcements, but before that, their booth confirmed Turn A Gundam is coming soon to the UK. Based on Andrew Partridge’s comments in the Anime UK News forum though, Gundam titles that are DVD-only in the US are likely to be the same in the UK. This is a shame, especially for traditionally animated shows such as Turn A Gundam.
Ninja Slayer From Animation, a title that was simulcast on Viewster has been announced for a 2016 release. Expelled from Paradise, a movie screened at Scotland Loves Anime last month, has been announced for release early next year, on 25th January 2016.
Newly announced Tokyo ESP is planned for release in February of next year.
Anime Limited announced a licence rescue of former Beez title, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 1, for blu-ray release.
Release date amendments were announced for multiple titles.
- Ping Pong is now due January 11th 2016, with possibly something extra to apologise for the delay.
- Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress is scheduled for January
- The Makoto Shinkai double pack is planned for February, and a steelbook is a possibility
Durarara Season two cour 1 is due in February, as a complete arc, rather than two parts
Miss Hokusai, which was aired yesterday at MCM Loves Anime is due on DVD and Blu-ray in March 2016
Terror in Resonance is geting a DVD/blu-ray combo pack in Q1 2016.
Beck’s delay was due to an issue with the masters, but a blu-ray release is now being investigated.
Anime Limited, hours after their panel, announced more titles via Facebook and Twitter.
- Anthem of the Heart – a 2015 A-1 Pictures Film
- Attack on Titan spin-off series Attack on Titan: Junior High
- Out-of-print former Manga UK title Claymore will be receiving a blu-ray release from Anime Limited in 2016
- Summer anime Prison School has been licensed
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate is due for release in 2016
Anime Limited have two panels today – a Sunrise Gundam panel and a Viewster Panel; if anything is announced we’ll update this article.